A wrongful death occurs when someone dies due to the negligence, unlawful act, or recklessness of another person. Such an incidence of loss of life is considered wrongful in that if care would have been taken, it could have been prevented. It is a tragic situation and as a surviving family member, you may be able to recover financial and non-financial damages caused by the death. If you think, you have a wrongful death claim in Las Vegas, you can seek the help of our Personal Injury Law Firm.
Who is Authorized to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
The Nevada law allows heirs and personal representatives of the deceased to file a wrongful death claim. You must be one of the following to be able to file such a claim through our Las Vegas Injury Attorneys:
- Immediate family member
- Representative of the deceased’s estate
- Legal dependent
In order to succeed with a lawsuit, it will be required to show that the at-fault party was responsible for the death. In order to prove the liability, it will be required to establish the following factors of negligence:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of care to the deceased
- They failed to uphold that duty of care
- The death was due to this breach/failure
It will also be required to show the damages caused to the deceased’s family. This can include both financial and non-financial life impacts. And our experienced Las Vegas Injury Attorneys can help you in building your case and proving all these facts.
Common Incidences of Wrongful Death
When you go through the death of a loved one, your losses and damages can mean many things. You may be left with lost support. You will suffer from loss of companionship. You have unpaid medical bills and cost of funeral. You have pain and suffering. Our team of Las Vegas Injury Lawyers cares about providing fair treatment to your family.
Some of the common accidents and situations that are related to wrongful death lawsuits are as follows:
- Auto Accidents: Your loved one may have been a victim of an auto accident caused by a reckless driver or motorcyclist, intoxicated drier, or an overworked truck driver. Whatever the cause, our wrongful death lawyers can help you make proper claims.
- Workplace Accidents: Employers are liable to provide a safe work environment to their employees. If the deceased’s employer failed to do so, you can hold them responsible for the wrongful death of your loved one.
- Medical Malpractice: The negligence, mistake, or misconduct of a healthcare provider leading to the death of a person is also a case for a wrongful death claim.
- Product Liability: Many times, defective products, drugs, or medical devices can cause injury or death. If such a product has caused the death of a loved one, you may be able to make a wrongful death claim against the company that designed, made, distributed, or sold the product.
Some of the other causes and circumstances of wrongful deaths can include defective equipment or machinery, caught-between accidents, pedestrian or bicycle accidents, unsafe conditions in public places, and slip and fall accidents.
Types of Recoverable Damages
Some of the damages that you can recover through wrongful death claims are as follows:
- Medical expenses against the treatment of the deceased’s final injury
- Property damage from the accident that resulted in the death
- The cost of funeral and burial/cremation
- Lost wages and potential benefits the deceased was likely to earn until their retirement age
- Loss of companionship, guidance, affection, and care
- Loss of benefits to the deceased’s heirs
Why Choose Us?
At Ace Lakhani Law Firm, our Las Vegas Injury Attorneys follow a compassionate approach in handling wrongful death accidents. You will find our lawyers to be courteous, yet we follow an aggressive approach to the wrongful death claim. We understand what it means to our clients when they lose a loved one and how it changes their life in an instant. We are committed to helping you hold the at-fault parties liable and seeking the highest possible compensation to safeguard your family’s future.
There are many more reasons for choosing our Personal Injury Law Firm in Las Vegas:
- Our lawyers have decades of combined experience and are ready to take a case to trial
- Our specialized wrongful death attorneys can help navigate the complex legal system
- We have a reputation for achieving high settlements and verdicts for our clients
As a legal representative or family member, it is important that you file a wrongful death lawsuit within 2 years from the death of the victim. We recommend you to contact our Personal Injury Lawyer Las Vegas as early as possible for a consultation to help you make the right steps to get properly compensated.
Contact our Las Vegas Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
At Ace Lakhani Law Firm, we have been consistently ranked among the most reliable automobile accident attorneys in Las Vegas. Over the years, we have helped hundreds of victims injured in auto accidents and helped them through the complex legal system after a crash. Knowing when to contact an attorney for a motor vehicle accident is the first step to getting properly compensated. This will also play an important role in helping you achieve complete recovery.
Our Las Vegas automobile accidents lawyer team is always ready to protect your interests and help you get compensated for your injuries, damages, and losses.
Call us at 702.814.4000
to schedule a consultation or send us a message using this Online Form and we will reach you back.